Danny O'Brien Racing has a unique opportunity available at the Flemington stable for a Logistics & Data Manager.
LOGISITICS & DATA MANAGER – POSITION DESCRIPTION
- To assist Trainer, General Manager, Assistant Trainer & Flemington Foreman in running of the thoroughbred racing stable.
Scope of Role
- Full-time Position with Danny O’Brien Racing based at Flemington – Flexible 38 Hours per week
- Manage and Co-ordinate Transport requirements for the stable – by driving or liaising directly with Transport Companies
- Manage Danny O’Brien Racing Truck Fleet – regular cleaning/washing, organising maintenance and servicing.
- Manage Raceday Bag - Horse ID Cards, Race Colours & Gear
- Manage Stable Data (GPS, Treatments, Transport, Work) across all three stables
- Represent Stable at race meetings and liaise with Jockeys, Owners, Staff and Media if required
- Strap on Raceday when required
- Keep monthly detailed records of transport undertaken.
- Medium Rigid Truck Licence (essential)
- Stablehand Skills (essential)
- History of Transporting Horses (essential)
- Computer Skills (essential)
- Ability to ride trackwork (preferred)
- To be negotiated with successful applicant
- Applicants are asked to send a cover letter and resume including references to Matt Harrington via email (email@example.com) ensuring their experience for this role is highlighted.