About Racing Australia
Racing Australia is the national body comprised of the Australia's eight State and Territory Principal Racing Authorities which regulate the Thoroughbred industry.
Racing Australia's primary functions and responsibilities are to administer and manage:
- the Single National System for the Principal Racing Authorities in Australia
- the Australian Rules of Racing and the Rules of the Australian Stud Book;
- the intellectual property conducted through Racing Materials; and
- Information services for the Australian horse racing industry.
The primary role is based on providing level 1 (front of house) customer service support to key industry stakeholders for Racing Australia's IT systems and operations, including the Single National System (SNS).
The position requires the incumbent to develop working relationships with key industry stakeholders, including the principal racing authorities, commercial clients, staff and industry participants for the support of respective IT systems
To be successful in this position you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A strong customer service & team focused attitude
- A level of technical competence that supports system operational standards
- An appetite for learning
- An ability to work flexible hours, including small amounts of weekend work
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyse customer requests and support resolution
- Excellent attention to detail along with strong problem solving abilities is essential
- A strong knowledge of and/or interest in the Australian Racing Industry would be advantageous
- Experience using a support 'ticketing' system would be an advantage, but not essential
The role is for an initial 6-month contract with a review and likely extension thereafter.
Enquiries and/or applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 25th January 2018. Applications should include cover letter and CV.