Harness Racing New South Wales (HRNSW) conducts the commercial and regulatory functions of the harness racing industry in NSW. Operating under the Harness Racing Act 2009, HRNSW is chartered to operate autonomously of government in managing the strategic and commercial development of harness racing in NSW as a not-for-profit corporate body.
A full-time position as the Assistant Regulatory Veterinarian exists based in the near Sydney Metropolitan area.
The successful applicant will provide regulatory veterinary services at race meetings, assist Stewards in the performance of non-race day duties and work with Harness Racing NSW staff to perform identification procedures on the NSW Standardbred foal crop.
* A veterinary degree registrable in New South Wales.
* Experience in equine clinical practice and the Standardbred industry is preferred but not essential.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the capacity to make decisions rapidly under pressure.
* An ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* An ability to work flexible hours (including nights, weekends and public holidays) and undertake extensive intra-state travel.
* A current motor vehicle drivers licence and the retention of said licence is essential.
In addition to a competitive remuneration package we also offer:
* A friendly team environment.
* A company vehicle.
* One weeks paid study leave each year.
* Research opportunities.
* In house training.
Please send applications by 5pm, Friday 24 May 2019.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please call Martin Wainscott 0408 384 886