Gollan Racing is currently seeking to recruit highly skilled and experienced stable staff to fulfil a number of roles.
Applicants must be able to display knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing:
- Proven ability to train and educate young horses
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide information
- Ability to work in a team and independently (or proven management experience if the position is for a foreperson role)
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses
- on riding pace/timed work and jump outs
- able to educate our young horses on the ground, plus swimming and barrier education
- able to educate our young horses on the ground with ability to manage a small team of horses and staff under the direction of the head foreperson.
Qualifications at the CERT III or IV are an advantage but not essential as three plus years of horsemanship experience will substitute for Australian or overseas qualifications:
The salary will be clearly above the award – $54,000 to $57,000 per annum for full time employment.
Please send detailed resume and two written references to Adele at email@example.com