John Thompson Racing is currently seeking a highly experienced Horse Trainer/Educator to join our team at Randwick.
The salary will be above award - $54,000 - $60,000 per annum depending upon the skill level.
All applicants must have a minimum of 3-year full time professional experience in the role and be able to prove they are reliable workers with excellent horsemanship skills. In addition the following will be required:
The Position is full time – 38 hours per week and some of the duties are:
- Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods - thoroughbred racing
- Proven ability to train and educate young and older horses
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide information to other staff and owners;
- Ability to work in a team and independently (or proven management experience if the position is for a foreperson role)
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses on riding pace/timed work and jump outs
- Able to educate our young horses on the ground, plus vet; swimming and barrier education
- Able to educate our young horses on the ground with ability to manage a small team of horses and staff under the direction of the head foreperson.
Please email resume and expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org