Alexander Racing is currently seeking highly experienced and capable staff to join our stable at Ballarat VIC. The positions are full-time with early morning starts and require a person to work weekends on a roster.
- Young Horse Trainer / Rider - able to ride 8 -10 horses per morning (with particular emphasis on riding pace/timed work and jump outs).
The salary will be above award – in the range of $54,000 to $60,000 per annum depending upon the level of skill as a horse rider.
All applicants must have a minimum of 3 year full time or equivalent part-time professional experience in the role. In addition the following will be required:
- Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing
- Proven ability to train and educate young horses
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide information
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses
- A Certificate III or equivalent International qualification
Please send a detailed CV outlining your horse training experience to email@example.com