Matthew C Smith Racing requires the services of a Horse Trainer/Rider.
The roles and responsibilities of this position will be as follows:
- Training horses to obey natural and artificial aids,
- Resolving horses problems like shying, spooking, balking, bolting, refusing, etc,
- Training horses to accept riders,
- Schooling horses over jumps
- Preparing horses to perform in races through barrier education and jump outs,
- Riding horses on tracks,
- Exercising horses on treadmill and swimming horses in equine pool,
- Attending to race meetings and strapping horses,
- Tacking up, bathing and grooming horses,
- Checking stables for hazards, mucking out and adding fresh beddings,
- Filling water troughs and feeding horses according to their individual programs,
- Treating swelling, grazings, galls, minor lacerations and administering medication,
- Trotting up horses for and reporting injuries to veterinarians,
- Maintaining horse condition, health and work records,
- Forming trackwork schedules and training programs.
The salary will be above award – in the range of $54,000 to $58,000 per annum. Fully furnished accommodation can be provided.
Referees and experience essential. Please submit CV's to email@example.com