Motree Thoroughbreds races and breeds thoroughbreds in idyllic coastal North Eastern Tasmania. We are currently seeking a highly experienced and capable person to join our team on a full-time basis.
- Horse Trainer/Manager:
- able to train and educate mares, colts, fillies, yearlings and weanlings;
- daily care and management of horses
- maintain safe and hygienic conditions
- ensure horses receive sufficient exercise
- foaling mares
- pre and post-natal care of broodmares
- clean and check horses before and after breeding
- assist Veterinarian and provide the appropriate health care
- monitor spellers and pretrainers
- assist in pretraining process
- able to educate weanlings and yearlings
- educating and preparing young stock for sale
The salary will be above award – in the range of $55,000 to $60,000 per annum plus superannuation. On farm accommodation may also be provided.
- A minimum of two years’ experience handling and working with and educating thoroughbreds
- Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred horses
- Proven ability to train and educate mares and young horses
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction; provide information and advice to others and prepare basic reports
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses
A Certificate III or equivalent International qualification would also be desirable.
A long-term commitment is essential.
To apply, please forward your resume, qualification & at least 2 written references to: