Horse Trainer/Foreperson - demonstrate ability train and educator racehorses and manage a team of horses and staff under the direction of the Head Trainer.
The salary will be above award – in the range of $55,000 to $60,000 per annum depending upon the level of skill as a rider/educator.
All applicants must have a minimum of 3-years full time professional experience in the role, or 2 years full time experience and a relevant qualification.
In addition, the following will be required:
- Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing
- Proven ability to train and educate horses
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide information
- Ability to work in a team and independently (or proven management experience if the position is for a foreperson role)
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to
- the training and preparation of racehorses
- A Certificate III or equivalent International qualification