Taormina Lodge located in Rifle Range via Lowood currently has the following Full-time position available.
Horse Trainer/ Educator/Trackrider
Duties will include:
• Ability to ride pace/timed work
• Able to educate and train horses in trackwork, and educate young horses including through barriers
• Train horses to accept equipment used in racing and around the farm
• Maintain health records, identify and treat minor injuries/health issues and report serious conditions to Owner and Veterinarians
• Data management and reporting
• Supervision of staff
• A Certificate III or equivalent international qualification with at least 2 years full time experience; or at least 3 years full timeprofessional experience
• Proven knowledge and experience of horse handling, riding and training methods specific to the thoroughbred industry
• Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction; provide information and advice to others and prepare reports
• Ability to work in a team and independently
• Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses
• Excellent horsemanship skills
Salary in the range of $53,900 per annum plus super subject to experience.
Please provide a detailed CV with 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only suitable applicants will be contacted.