As a Horse Trainer, you will report direct to the Head Trainer and be responsible for the following duties;
- Training (educating) horses on the ground to be handled in all situations including for the vet and farrier
- Training (educating) and riding thoroughbred horses to become accustomed to being ridden at the track, both slow and fast work
- Training (educating) and riding young thoroughbred horses to become accustomed to being ridden in groups of horses during their career in racing
- Training (educating) thoroughbred horses to respond to oral, leg and rein commands
- Re-educating thoroughbred horses from habits such as biting, kicking and bolting
- Discussing with the race horse trainer each horse's performance and any concerns with the fitness or training of the horse after each ride
- Other duties associated with the welfare of the horses in their care
The successful applicant will be offered an attractive remuneration package between $54,000.00 to $58,000.00 and all applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to 'Kim Waugh Racingemail@example.com
Referees will not be contacted without the prior approval of the applicant.