Gollan Racing is currently seeking highly experienced staff to join our racing stable.
The Position is full time – 38 hours per week and some of the duties are:
- Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing
- Proven ability to train and educate young and older horses
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide information to other staff and owners;
- Ability to work in a team and independently (or proven management experience if the position is for a foreperson role)
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses on riding pace/timed work and jump outs
- Able to educate our young horses on the ground, plus swimming and barrier education
- Able to prepare dietary requirements
- Able to apply veterinarian techniques
- Able to educate our young horses on the ground with ability to manage a small team of horses and staff under the direction of the head foreperson within a racing stable.
Qualifications not essential but at least three years of relevant experience in horse management is essential.
Please state if you are living in Australia or based overseas
Salary of $54,000.00 to $58,000.00 plus Superannuation entitlements.
Please forward resumes with work references and a copy of your visa if not an Australian citizen or resident to email@example.com