Litt Racing is seeking an experienced horse trainer/educator.
The Position is full time – 38 hours per week and some of the duties are:
- Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing
- Proven ability to train and educate young and older horses
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide information to other staff and owners;
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses on riding pace/timed work and jump outs
- Able to educate our young horses on the ground, riding fast and slow work, plus swimming and barrier education
- Able to educate our young horses on the ground and by riding with the ability to manage a small team of horses and staff under the direction of the head foreperson.
Qualifications not essential but at least three of relevant experience in horse training/riding/management is essential.
Depending on experience, salary from $54,000 to $60,000
Please email your resume to email address firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Laura on 0406003882