Dartbrook Downs Thoroughbreds is currently seeking an experienced and capable team member to join our team. The position is full-time and located at Scone NSW
Duties will include:
- Overseeing daily care and supervision of thoroughbred horses.
- Educating and pre-training young thoroughbreds for racing.
- Teaching horses to be groomed and accept bridle, head collar, rug etc.
- Handling, exercising, and caring for horses.
- Assisting Veterinarians with ultrasound/reproduction examination and administering medical treatments as directed.
- Foaling, including pre- and post-natal care of broodmares and foals.
- Training and preparing young stock (Weanlings and Yearlings) for sales.
- Teaching horses to walk, stand and parade correctly.
- Re-educating horses to resolve problems such as biting and kicking.
- From time to time may be required to attend the races as well as parading and caring for horses at sales.
- A Certificate III or equivalent international qualification plus at least two years highly relevant experience; or the absence of a qualification a minimum of three years professional experience educating and training horses.
- Knowledge and experience of horse training and breeding and handling methods specific to thoroughbreds.
- Proven ability to train and educate young horses.
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide information.
- Proven ability to take a leadership role when required.
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment.
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of thoroughbred horses.
Salary will be above the award at $54,000 to $55,000 per annum.