Aquis Farm, located in both Murrurundi NSW and Canungra QLD, is seeking applications for a full time Horse Trainer for the breeding division.
Duties will include:
- Overseeing daily care and supervision of horses
- Foaling, including pre and post-natal care of broodmares and foals
- Monitoring mare ovulation and pregnancy
- Educating and preparing young stock for sale
- Accustoming young stock (weanlings and yearlings) to the equipment
- From time to time may also be required to assist with the training and wellbeing of the stallions and ex-racehorses
- Assisting with ultrasound/reproduction examination including assisting in birthing foals and administering medical treatment to foals
- Assisting Veterinarians in attending to medical and health needs of horses as required
- A Certificate III or equivalent International qualification, or in the absence of a qualification a minimum of three years professional experience educating and training racehorses
- A minimum of two years’ experience handling and working with and educating thoroughbred horses
- Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbreds, including sales, breeding or a career after racing
- Proven ability to train and educate young horses
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction; provide information and advice to others and prepare basic reports
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of thoroughbreds
The salary for the advised position will be above award and based on your skills and experience in the range of $52,000 to $56,000.
Accommodation may also be offered on the farm at Murrurundi NSW or Canungra QLD.
Please e-mail a cover letter and detailed CV plus two referees’ name and contact numbers via email to email@example.com