Blue Gum Farm located in Euroa VICTORIA is currently accepting applicants for the role of Horse Trainer/Breeding, working with our bloodstock- including mares, foals, yearlings, weanlings and stallions.
We are looking for motivated, determined & experienced individuals who have professional horse stud experience.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of industry best practice, with either international experience or a thorough understanding of the global trends of the thoroughbred industry.
· Knowledge of horsemanship practice at Certificate III level as a minimum standard, or in the absence of a qualification at least three years professional experience with breeding horses
· A minimum of at least two years experience handling & working with thoroughbred horses
· Proven knowledge & experience of horse handling & training methods specific to the thoroughbred breeding industry, including working with broodmares & foals and preparing horses for sale
· Oral & written communication skills of a level to take instruction & prepare basic reports
· Sound knowledge of health & safety obligations & demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training & breeding of horses
Terms of Employment
The salary for this position will be above award and based on your skills and experience in the range of $54,000 to $55,000. Additionally, on-farm accommodation may be available.
To apply, please forward your resume, qualifications & at least 2 written references to: email@example.com
Australian residents and citizens as well overseas applicants with a visa who are currently in Australia are invited to apply.