The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of industry best practice, with either international experience or a thorough understanding of the global trends of the thoroughbred industry.
• Knowledge of horsemanship practice at Certificate III level as a minimum standard, or in the absence of a qualification at least three years professional experience with breeding horses including stallions
• A minimum of at least two years’ experience handling & working with thoroughbred horses
• Proven knowledge & experience of horse handling & training methods specific to the thoroughbred breeding industry, including working with stallions in the breeding shed and preparing horses for sale
• Oral & written communication skills of a level to take instruction & prepare basic reports
• Sound knowledge of health & safety obligations & demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training & breeding of horses
• Ability to take leadership of a team when required
The salary will be above award – in the range of $65,00.00 to $75,000 per annum
To apply, please forward your resume, qualifications & at least 2 written references to:
Australian residents and citizens as well overseas applicants with a visa who are currently in Australia are invited to apply.