Rheinwood Pastoral Co, located in the Southern Highlands, NSW currently accepting applicants for the full time role of Horse Trainer/Breeding. We are looking for a motivated, determined & experienced individuals who have horse stud experience.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of industry best practice, with either international experience or a thorough understanding of the global trends of the thoroughbred industry.
- Knowledge of horsemanship practice at Certificate III level as a minimum standard or in the event you do not have a qualification a minimum of 3 years professional experience workings with horses, including broodmares & foals
- A minimum of two years’ experience handling & working with horses
- Knowledge & experience of horse handling & training methods specific to the thoroughbred breeding industry
- Knowledge, skills & experience of stable management & preparation of horses for breeding & sale
- Oral & written communication skills of a level to take instruction & prepare basic reports
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Sound knowledge of health & safety obligations & demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training & breeding of horses
Terms of Employment
Salary package $52,000 to $56,000 (commensurate with your qualifications & experience). Additionally, on-farm accommodation may be available.
To apply, please forward your resume, qualifications & at least 2 written references to: email@example.com