Successful thoroughbred stud located in the Hunter Valley, NSW currently accepting applicants for the role of Horse Trainer/Breeder working with broodmares and foals. We are looking for a motivated, determined & experienced individuals who have horse stud experience.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of industry best practice, with either international experience or a thorough understanding of the global trends of the thoroughbred industry.
• Knowledge of horsemanship practice at Certificate III level as a minimum standard, or in the absence of a qualification at least three years professional experience with breeding horses
• A minimum of two years’ experience handling & working with thoroughbred horses
• Proven knowledge & experience of horse handling & training methods specific to the thoroughbred breeding industry, including working with broodmares & foals and preparing horses for sale
• Oral & written communication skills of a level to take instruction & prepare basic reports
• Ability to work in a team and independently
• Sound knowledge of health & safety obligations & demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training & breeding of horses
Terms of Employment
This is a full time position, with a minimum commitment of 2 to 4 years.
Salary package $54,000 to $65,000 (commensurate with your qualification, experience and skill level). Additionally, on-farm accommodation may be available.
To apply, please forward your resume, qualifications & at least 2 written references to:
Australian residents and citizens as well overseas applicants with a visa invited to apply. Consideration may be given to highly skilled applicants without a visa if no other suitable person applies.