Lindsay Park Racing is currently seeking highly experienced & capable horse staff to join our team.
Positions are available Lindsay Park Racing - Euroa VIC 3666 and Flemington VIC 3031
- Horse Trainer/Rider - able to ride 8 -10 horses per morning with ability to ride pace/timed work as well as educate horses through barriers.
- Horse Trainer/Breaker - Pre-Trainer– able to ride and educate horses for the first and subsequent time and prepare your horses for the career with particular emphasis on developing the foundational education for the young thoroughbred horses.
- Young Horse Trainer/Rider – as above Horse Trainer/Rider above, plus demonstrated ability to manage client communication and training systems designed to track the horses in training.
The salary will be above award – in the range of $54,500 to $80,000 per annum plus super and staff incentive schemes.
Fully functional canteen and some accommodation available together with assistance in transition to the appropriate applicants at our Euroa property.
All applicants must have a minimum of 3-years full time professional experience in the role, or 2 years full time experience and a relevant qualification.
In addition, the following will be required:
- Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing
- Proven ability to train and educate young horses
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide information
- Ability to work in a team and independently (or proven management experience if the position is for a foreperson role)
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses
In addition, the suitable applicant will need to demonstration that they are proven as reliable workers, with excellent horsemanship skills.
If any of these positions are of interest to you, please send application and resume to email@example.com