Gai Waterhouse and Adrian Bott Racing is currently seeking highly experienced and capable staff to join our stable. Positions are available at Randwick and Flemington.
- Young Horse Trainer / Rider - able to ride 8 -10 horses per morning (with particular emphasis on riding pace/timed work and jump outs).
- Horse Trainer/Foreperson – able to educate our horses on the ground with ability to manage a small team of horses and staff and prepare horse training reports for the head trainer and owners.
The salary will be above award – in the range of $55,000 to $65,000 per annum depending upon the level of responsibility.
All applicants must have a minimum of 3 year full time professional experience in the role. In addition the following will be required:
- Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing
- Proven ability to train and educate young horses
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide information
- Ability to work in a team and independently (or proven management experience if the positon is for a foreperson role)
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses
- A Certificate III or equivalent International qualification
- Proven experience in the use of Ardex software
- Sound knowledge of the global industry with ability to communicate with owners when required
Please send detailed resume and two written references to email@example.com