Gai Waterhouse Racing is currently seeking highly experienced and capable staff to join our stable on a part-time basis for 6 mornings per week. Positions are available at Randwick.
- Young Horse Trainer / Rider - able to ride 8 -10 horses per morning (with particular emphasis on riding pace/timed work and jump outs).
- Young Horse Educator – able to educate our young horses on the ground, plus swimming and barrier education.
- Horse Trainer/Junior Foreperson – able to educate our young horses on the ground with ability to manage a small team of horses and staff under the direction of the head foreperson.
All applicants must have a minimum of 3 year full time professional experience in the role. In addition, the following will be required:
- Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing
- Proven ability to train and educate young horses
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide information
- Ability to work in a team and independently (or proven management experience if the position is for a foreperson role)
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses
- A Certificate III or equivalent International qualification
How to Apply:
Please send detailed resume, cover letter and two written references to email@example.com