An opportunity has become available at Widden Stud in the Hunter Valley, NSW in the role Horse Breeder/Foaling.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of industry best practice, with either international experience or a thorough understanding of the global trends of the thoroughbred industry. Suitable Applicant will have the following:
- Degree qualification, or over 5 years professional experience working in the thoroughbred breeding industry with specific experience in foaling
- Proven knowledge of horse breeding, including managing and foaling mares (including night foaling) as well as broodmare management
- Demonstrated ability to administer IV and IM treatments
- Demonstrated experience with the pre and post-natal care of mares and foals
- Experience in or understanding of creating and maintaining department budgets, maintaining farming machinery/equipment, facilities, buildings and water supplies
- Strong communication and organisational skills as well as a high level of professionalism and dedication
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and breeding of horses
This is a full time; permanent position and the suitable applicant will need to commit to a fixed-term employment contract.
For overseas applicants, please note, a valid visa will be required to commence work.
A salary package (including accommodation on farm) of between $57,000 and $80,000 per annum will apply to the above position.