Lime Country Thoroughbreds is a breeding farm, training and spelling enterprise located in the Southern Highlands area of NSW. We are currently seeking applicants for the role of Horse Breeder.
We are looking for someone with an excellent background in thoroughbred stud work.
The suitable applicant must be focused, driven to be their best and slot in well with the lovely bunch of people we have living with us at the farm.
The suitable applicant will have the following:
- A bachelor degree or higher qualification and a minimum of 2 years full time professional experience with thoroughbred horses, including foaling mares, or
- A minimum of 5 years full time professional experience with thoroughbred horses
In addition, applicants will need to demonstrate they have the ability to:
- Supervise horses and staff as required
- Maintaining Biosecurity measures and paperwork
- Record all horse breeding data and ensure accurate and up to date records are maintained
- Foal mares and provide pre- and post-natal care of broodmares and foals
- Prepare and educate yearlings
- Collating data from breeding shed and completing relevant paperwork for analysis
- Ensure efficient and effective cost control
- Able to work in a team and provide instruction and supervision to junior staff
- Work unsupervised with a proactive attitude
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
- Have a sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment
This is a full time position, and the suable applicant will need to commit to a fixed-term employment contact.
Salary package of between $54,000 to $56,000 will be offered as well as subsidised accommodation.
To apply, please forward your resume, qualifications & at least 2 written references to: email@example.com