An exciting opportunity exists with Racing NSW as a casual high speed typist or stenographer at race meetings conducted in the Sydney Metropolitan area.
- Attend race meetings to produce reports from live dictation and perform other administrative functions
- Production of transcripts from inquiries.
- Proven ability to type at a minimum of 75 wpm.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Word skills and otherwise computer literate.
- Excellent knowledge of spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience in digital transcription software and use of foot pedal for transcription typing of audio recordings is an advantage.
- Previous experience as a transcription typist an advantage
- Knowledge of racing parlance and an interest in the thoroughbred racing industry would be an advantage.
Sydney's four metropolitan race tracks, including Randwick and Rosehill as well as opportunities available in the central coast region
You will be required to attend race meetings on Saturdays and midweek race meetings generally on Wednesday and Friday.
Hours of duty:
12 noon to 6.00pm, unless otherwise scheduled.
Applicants are to contact Mr P Dingwall, Deputy Chairman of Stewards, at Racing NSW.