Newhaven Park is located on 10,500 acres of rolling hills and river flats in the Boorowa NSW region. Newhaven Park is a horse breeding farm, with extensive gardens, cattle and sheep as well as pasture and cropping.
This is a full-time role that will oversee the management of gardens and assist with the planning and implementation of maintenance of the garden beds, hedges, trees, paddocks, and grassland areas. The role may also assist with the Livestock farming operation.
Your role will include:
- Implementing maintenance and development programs to ensure the environmentally sustainable continuous improvement of the garden beds, hedges, trees, paddocks, and grassland areas
- Selecting and planting seeds and preparing seedbeds for new turf and trees
- Directing and overseeing general activities such as fertilising, and pest and weed control
- Ensuring the supervision and training of garden staff ensuring staff are encouraged to maintain best practice and meet performance criteria
- Encouraging gardening staff members to develop a high level of skill and to employ these skills in their day to day work and to continually improve productivity and efficient work practices
- Provide pasture and fodder to maintain appropriate nutritional levels to livestock and to optimise feeding opportunities
- Effectively carry out all associated activities in the horse, cattle and sheep breeding programs
Skills required to fill the role:
- Relevant trade qualification
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a gardener
- Knowledge of pest and disease control in livestock
- Demonstrated ability to lead a small team as well as motivate and train employees and/or contractors
In addition, the suitable applicant will be able to demonstrate that they are:
- Reliable and motivated
- Able to work with all types of people in all types of outdoor conditions
- Willing to live in remote/regional Australia
Salary will be commensurate with experience in the range of $57,500 to $60,000 per annum.
Accommodation: May be provided on farm.