Ciaron Maher Racing is seeking a Head Foreman to join our Caulfield team. The successful applicant will have leadership experience within a stable and have the ambition to apply their skills in Victoria’s leading stable.
- Management of the daily training schedule in conjunction with the Trainers and Assistant Trainer;
- Management and co-ordination of stable staff, including rostering;
- Work with stable vets to manage the ongoing welfare of horses;
- Maintain horse records in line with the rules of racing;
- Travelling to jump outs, barrier trials, race days and representing the stable.
- Extensive experience and confidence in handling and educating horses;
- Race day experience representing a stable;
- Knowledge and understanding of the rules of racing;
- Capacity to work with and harness technology, including stable management systems and equine tracking devices;
- The ability to drive a horse float/truck will be highly regarded.
- Knowledge of occupational health & safety protocols and best stable practices.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 April 2021.