Kennedy Racing is a newly established racing organisation built on the idea of taking world best practises and incorporating them into all aspects of thoroughbred racing.
As we begin our journey in building our racing organisation we are looking for motivated and talented individuals who embody horsemanship and the qualities to learn and evolve.
World renown horseman Monty Roberts leads the Kennedy Racing team as special advisor and will be the direct lead for the successful applicant.
As Head/Deputy Head Trainer we are looking first and foremost for a love of horses.
Duties and Responsibilities include;
- Creating and administering training programs for racehorses
- Devising exercise regimens based on what horses are being trained for and oversee these exercises and evaluate the horse’s health and check for injuries.
- Ensuring the horse's are well-fed and groomed. Monitor each horse’s nutritional needs and diet, recording eating habits. Work closely with the veterinarian to ensure a horse is getting its proper nutrition.
The preferred skills/requirements include;
- Riding skills to guide horses over different types of terrains and through various courses as needed.
- Horse handling, from haltering and leading to blanketing and cooling horses down after exercising or training.
- Mentoring and leading assistants, stablehands, horse groomers etc...
- Effective time management to outline schedules for training sessions, ensuring horses are trained within a specified amount of time
- A team player, able to communicate openly with owners, stable workers, foreman(s), other trainers, groomers, and other thoroughbred professionals
Must be familiar with;
- Basic riding equipment (bridles, reins, saddles...etc)
- Horse training equipment (lunge lines, halters...etc)
Salary starting at $75,000 per annum plus bonuses
Victorian Trainers License preferred
Please apply online or forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org