Harness Racing Victoria (HRV), a statutory body, is responsible for the control, development and promotion of the Victorian harness racing industry. With strong links to rural and regional communities, we are committed to developing a vibrant and sustainable harness racing industry which promotes participation, integrity and racing excellence.
As a member of the Racing department you will perform a variety of duties associated with handicapping and field selection for Victorian harness race meetings. You will also assist within the metropolitan operations function, duties may include;
- Finalise nominations & compile race fields
- Process results & programming information in a timely manner ensuring deadlines are met
- Act as a member of the field selection panel & ensure that the Integrity is maintained
- Liaise with country club network & controlling bodies
- Conduct trial & race meetings at Tabcorp Park Melton including managing raceday staff & logistics
The successful applicant will possess the following knowledge, skills and attributes;
- A thorough understanding of the harness racing industry
- Knowledge of Australian handicapping regulations & Victorian Racing Guidelines
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong data entry skills & Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task & prioritise workload
We offer genuine career development, training, free carparking and a supportive work environment.
The successful applicant will be required to satisfactorily complete background screening checks.
Applications close 24 October 2017 to Apply Now CLICK HERE.