Harness Racing New South Wales (HRNSW) conducts the commercial and
regulatory functions of the harness racing industry in NSW. Operating under the Harness Racing Act 2009, HRNSW is chartered to operate autonomously of government in managing the strategic and commercial development of harness racing in NSW as a not-for-profit corporate body.
The organisation is responsible for determining and implementing policies to further the strategic commercial development of harness racing and administer a regulatory regime that ensures the integrity and fairness of racing.
A full-time vacancy exists for a Handicapper based in Bankstown.
The Racing Operations Division is responsible for planning, monitoring,
handicapping and field selection of registered NSW harness race and trial meetings.
The principle focus of the position is to lead and manage the provision of
programming, handicapping, field selection by the Racing Operations Division.
The Applicant should have the following skills and knowledge:
- Advanced ability to judge a horse’s ability, place a horse in an appropriate race and handicap a race within a race meeting or trial.
- Self-motivated and ability to work within tight deadlines and with a high degreeof accuracy.
- High level of computer literacy including advanced use of Internet technologies.
- Adherence to HRNSW Racing Policies is essential.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills.
- Commitment to customer service and satisfaction as measured by the
deliverables of the overall Integrity Unit.
- Commitment to working in a team environment and adherence to the HRNSW Staff Policy Manual and Code of Conduct.
- Ability to continually achieve improved performance.
- Knowledge and understanding of HRNSW handicapping and field selection regulations and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Australian Rules of Harness Racing.
- Experience in handicapping harness events; however this aspect is not essential.
- Knowledge of/experience in the regulatory sector is desirable
- Integrity and probity checks will be required