Groundsperson is an important role which contributes significantly to the effective operation and maintenance of facilities at the Cranbourne Training Complex.
Daily tasks are centered around maintenance of facilities and operation of vehicles and machinery, as directed by the Tracks and Facilities Manager.
- Operate, maintain, and adjusts turf machinery as appropriate, including tractors, mowers, miscellaneous vehicles and other various agricultural implements.
- Clean machinery and inspect machinery before and after each use, reporting any issues to the Tracks & Facilities Manager.
- Apply fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides and insecticides as directed by the Tracks & Facilities Manager.
- Maintenance of grass, sand, and artificial racehorse training surfaces under instruction from the Tracks & Facilities Manager. This will include, raking, filling, seed, and fertilizer.
- Maintenance and cleaning of horse stalls areas, tunnels, roads, walkways, carparks, gardens, and reserve areas on the CTC. This may include, cleaning horse washes, stalls, rubbish bins, drains, culverts, sweeping, gutters.
- Proactively identify any potential health and safety related issues or necessary maintenance.
Skills and attributes
- Sports Turf Management qualification desirable.
- Current Car Drivers license.
- Desirable to have qualification cards in Front End Loader, Backhoe Operation.
- Experience in operation of plant and machinery, including but not limited to tractors, mowers, vehicles, and other agricultural implements.
- Diligence and commitment to achieved desired standards.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Enquiries: Catherine Mason, Human Resources & Risk Manager, (03) 5996 1300
E-mail applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday, 14 May 2021