Situated just 15 minutes from Scone in NSW’s Hunter Valley region, Kia Ora is one of Australia’s most successful and progressive thoroughbred operations.
A fantastic opportunity has become available to join the Kia Ora team in a full-time groundskeeper role.
The role of groundskeeper involves maintaining Kia Ora’s extensive grounds, gardens and lawn areas.
The successful applicant will be experienced in the use of machinery and maintenance equipment and have a fine eye for detail.
Skills and attributes required:
- Previous experience as a commercial gardener or qualifications in horticulture
- A good eye for detail and a strong sense of aesthetics
- The ability to troubleshoot issues concerning plant health and vitality
- Certification or good working knowledge in the safe application of chemicals such as herbicides and fertiliser
- Experience with and a good working knowledge of irrigation
- The ability to work efficiently in a team environment
- An up-to-date driver’s licence
The following attributes would hold the applicant in high regard:
- Certificate in Horticulture, level 4 or above
- Certificate in Irrigation, level 3 or above
- Experience with chainsaws and the safe practice in operation
- Chemstart certification in the use of chemicals or the equivalent accreditation of
- A strong enthusiasm for gardening
- Licence to operate Light Rigid vehicles or above
- Basic mechanical knowledge
Please send your resume to Bob Rose at email@example.com or call 0408 658 314 for more information. Interviews will commence as applications are received.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.