Godolphin, a leading thoroughbred breeding and racing operation, requires a Stallion Manager to be based at its Kelvinside stud.
Reporting directly to the Stud Manager, the Stallion Manager is responsible for the overall care and wellbeing of the stallions based at Kelvinside.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Oversee day to day management and care of up to 18 stallions.
- Communicate effectively with the Stud Office and the Sales Team.
- Manage the breeding season care of the stallions including the covering process.
- Supervise the team of stallion grooms and support staff.
- Supervise daily routines of all stallions.
- Understand the importance of WHS requirements and ensure all safe working practices are followed.
- Communicate and coordinate with outside equine specialists such as Veterinarians and Farriers.
The successful applicant must have relevant experience in stallion management.
An attractive salary and conditions of service will be offered to the successful applicant.
A detailed job description is available on request.
Please apply by Friday, 1st December 2017 to:
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.