An exciting opportunity exists on the Central Coast of NSW to join a successful and progressive Provincial Race Club.
The newly created position of General Manager has a key business development role to play at the Wyong Race Club (Club) to maintain and deliver all aspects of the Club’s strategy.
The primary role of the position is to provide ongoing support to the CEO, while leading the management team on a day to day basis across all areas of the Club’s business.
The role will include working closely with the current CEO and Board to implement the Club’s strategic plan through what promises to be an exciting new era for the Club.
The General Manager position incorporates responsibilities across all aspects of the Club’s day to day operations including - Business planning and development, Community and stakeholder management, Risk Management, Financial oversight and analysis, Event (raceday) Management, Sales and Marketing, Membership and Sponsorship. An interest or knowledge of the Thoroughbred Racing industry while advantageous is not a prerequisite to your employment in the role.
- Business planning and business development - working with the CEO and Board to manage the Club’s core business activities
- Community and stakeholder management – elevate the Club as a valued community organisation and leader in the racing/event industry
- Work with the CEO and the senior management team to project a professional image for the Club with all industry stakeholders - members, sponsors, the local business community, local government, media, owners, trainers, Racing NSW and other Racing Clubs.
- Assist the CEO with all senior administrative tasks including Budget preparation, financial analysis and reporting, project management, strategic planning, marketing, legislative compliance and reporting.
- Develop high level annual business plans in consultation with the CEO identifying revenue opportunities and cost efficiencies.
- Provide commercial advice and systems development to assist in maximising financial performance including cash flow, pricing, margin and ratio analysis.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of bar, hospitality, raceday and events profitability and work with the CEO and staff to implement changes to improve profitability and delivery of services
- Provide senior executive support to the CEO with major capital projects
- Assist in developing departmental operational & marketing plans to meet organisations strategic goals
- Manage all departmental budgets, preparing appropriate reports and analyse results on a monthly basis in accordance with strategic objectives for individual departments
- Work with Sales & Marketing, Hospitality, Events and Track Management to undertake regular performance reviews against budget and project plans highlighting potential improvements, profitability potential and any other areas of operational or financial concern
- Work with other departmental leaders and teams to develop appropriate systems, procedures and policies to ensure the success and profitability of all Club activities
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- Completed a tertiary degree ideally with Business Management related studies
- Have a minimum of 5 years management experience including an ability to work with multiple stakeholders, manage staff and budgets
- Experience in use of financial I.T. systems.
- Well-developed organisational and project management skills
- Strong understanding of hospitality and event management
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion, please contact David Jewell (CEO) on +61 2 43521083, or apply online with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications close 17 October, 2018