Working with president, vice president and treasurer and reporting to the committee on financial matters, the general manager is responsible for the overall financial management of the racing club including the development of the annual budget and project budgets in consultation with president and committee; annual audit and preparation of financials for monthly committee reports.
SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Good understanding of racecourse management operations
- Demonstrated marketing and promotional skills
- Strong business/commercial acumen and financial management skills
- Proven expertise in business planning, project management and development skills
MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS
- Select, induct and develop an exceptional staff team and ensure the clarity of roles of each staff member
- Develop and support staff with ongoing coaching and mentoring
- Experience in payroll and employee tax, superannuation, workers’ compensation procedures and record keeping (experience in MYOB desirable)
- Sound understanding of OH&S
- Ensuring business operations are best practice, including all compliance and legal obligations.
- High level of competence in written and oral communication including the ability to represent the Albany Racing Club and engage in public speaking and presentations as required or instructed.
- Excellent negotiation, mediation skills and the ability to be empathic to a diverse range of stakeholders view.
- The ability to confront and resolve challenges.
- Ability to work collaboratively with committee and various stakeholders to achieve project outcomes
To be considered for this role you have a successful track record of achievement in a senior executive role. You will have the ability to manage budgets, lead and motivate a committed workforce, develop and deliver long term strategic plans and work closely and in partnership with the president and committee to achieve the race club’s goals and priorities.
Successful applicants will need to provide a National Police Certificate, Overseas Police Certificates may be required.
Please submit a full CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com by 4PM March 22, 2019. Employment is expected to start in May of 2019.