- Full time permanent opportunity with a diverse range of tasks
- Small, friendly and cohesive team where achieving excellence is their passion
- Excellent opportunity to thrive and enjoy a long-term career
Our Client, Torryburn Stud, is a boutique thoroughbred stud steeped in Colonial history, nestled in gently rolling hills near Gresford, in the beautiful Paterson Valley, NSW.
The Stud is approximately 1200 picturesque acres with the historic homestead and facilities being surrounded by meticulously maintained gardens and lawns.
The main homestead was designed by the prominent local architect J.W Pender and built in 1881 and the style is classic Victorian Italianate. The owners our proud of the history of the property and homestead and wish to appoint a capable horticulturalist/gardener who shares their passion for creating a breathtaking garden for the family, employees and visitors to enjoy.
Reporting directly to the Farm Manager and the Management/Ownership team, the successful applicant will have the following proven attributes and be required to undertake:
- Maintaining awareness of best industry practice and techniques in relation to all gardening practices.
- Ongoing liaison with Farm Manager.
- All facets of gardening from weeding, planting, soil improvement, fertilizing, mulching, watering etc.
- All facets of lawn management including mowing, edging, fertilizing, watering, improving.
- A willingness to share skills with all staff and work both individually and within a team
- Plant and tree identification would be helpful
- A self- starter who is fit, hardworking and has a high level of attention for detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Willingness to maintain the best possible standards at all levels and in all workplaces
- Landscaping experience would be advantageous.
- Vehicle and plant and equipment maintenance.
Skills and Experience
First aid Certificate.
- Minimum 2 years in a similar role
- Experience with all equipment from mowers through to brush cutters and chainsaws would be advantageous together with relevant tickets.
- Chemical handling certificate and Horticulture/ landscaping certificates would be highly advantageous
To become an integral Torryburn team member, you will need to be able to communicate in a professional manner with all staff, management, visitors and owners, as well as exhibiting initiative and a willingness to go above and beyond to present the farm to the highest standard at all times.
Applications for this rewarding opportunity should be forwarded quoting Ref. no. 935RJ by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidential inquiries may be directed to Margo Emery 0409385667 or via email to: email@example.com
Please note that an acknowledgement of your application will be sent to the email address from which you apply, therefore we encourage you to use a private or confidential email address.