Brad Widdup Racing is seeking experienced full time stablehands for our Hawkesbury stables ready to start as soon as possible.
The successful candidates will have;
- Knowledge of the thoroughbred industry plus experience and confidence in handling horses.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and to be able to accurately communicate information to staff.
- Capability to feed, handle, exercise, swim and lead horses between the stables and the racetrack.
- Knowledge of the operation of training equipment and the necessary safety precautions around the stables and trackwork/raceday stalls.
- Experience of travelling with horses to and from race and barrier trial meetings.
- Ability to educate horses of all ages and abilities.
- Proficiency in applying basic riding equipment including trackwork and racing saddles, race bridles, reins, girths, etc.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of Australia’s most progressive stables. The role is perfectly suited to someone who is looking to further their knowledge of the racing industry by advancing to a larger stable or someone who already has the background.
*** Sponsorship could be available to the right applicant***
Please email resume to email@example.com