O'Brien Thoroughbreds is currently seeking highly experienced and capable staff to join our team on a full-time basis.
The salary will be above award – in the range of $52,000 to $56,000 per annum. Our stables are located at Flemington and Barwon Heads, VIC.
- Young Horse Trainer/Rider - able to ride 6 -10 horses per morning with ability to ride timed work as well as educate horses through barriers.
All applicants must have a minimum of 3 years’ full-time professional experience in the role. In addition, the following will be required:
- Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing
- Proven ability to train and educate young horses
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide information
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses
- A Certificate III or equivalent International qualification
Please send detailed resume and two written references to email@example.com