Kennedy Racing is currently seeking a highly experienced and capable foreperson to join our Flemington stable on a full-time basis.
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional with a meticulous attention to detail. A great communicator with the skills required to manage our growing team of people and horses.
The successful candidate's tasks will include but are not limited to:
- To assist Trainer and Assistant Trainer in the day to day running of a thoroughbred racing stable
- Daily health and soundness checks on horses
- Executing daily work regimes for each horse
- Maintaining horse records in line with in-house policies and the Rules Of Racing requirements
- Implementing Kennedy Racings policies and procedures, ensuring best practice for every task, horse and staff members
- Supporting team learning and maintaining a good team environment
- Any other tasks as directed
Essential skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Experience and knowledge of horse training and the ability to handle a wide range of racehorses
- Ability to educate and safely handle racehorses on the ground
- Ability to give first aid, medications or other treatments when required as well as being able to check for injuries and lameness
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently plus excellent management skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and professional presentation
- Excellent organisational, planning, and time management
- Knowledge in OH&S and safe handling skills related to all aspects of horse training and handling of horses.
Great package for the successful candidate.
Please send resumes to Cassandra.norris@Kennedyracing.com.au