Hesket Bloodstock is currently seeking a highly experienced and capable foreperson to join a leading Flemington stable on a full-time basis.
The successful candidate's tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Daily organisation of racehorses
- Liaise with trainers, track riders and stable staff
- Preparation of racehorses for trackwork
- Raceday attendance
- Assisting veterinarians in attending to health needs of racehorses
- Administration of medications and treatments when required
- Experience and knowledge of horse training and the ability to handle a wide range of Thoroughbred racehorses
- Ability to give first aid, medications or other treatments when required as well as being able to check for injuries and indicators of lameness
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently plus excellent management skills
- Ability to educate and safely handle our young racehorses on the ground
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to be able to take instructions and provide information
- Excellent knowledge in OH&S and safe handling skills of all equipment related to horse training
Please send you detailed resume listing your experience and skills plus two written references to the supplied email.