Gooree Park Stud is one of Mudgee district’s most historic and picturesque properties. Within our iconic white fences and surrounding rolling hills the Stud Complex boasts two full size race tracks (grass & sand), two sets of pre-training stables, 40 speller stables & yards on 645ha.
We are looking for a person with extensive horse handling and husbandry skills to assist our Pre-Trainer / Complex Manager in the day to day running of the business. The well-being of the horses at Gooree is an absolute priority and we require a candidate that is highly organised with a good eye for horses’ condition. Previous experience in the thoroughbred racing industry is essential.
The successful candidate will have experienced in the following:
- Veterinary administration assistance and keen observation skill
- Organising and applying dressing and treatments
- Performing all horse handling duties with confidence working with both juvenile and older horses
- Good knowledge of stable work and be able to undertake daily stable duties
- Knowledge of the rules of racing and related protocols
- General farm maintenance duties including fencing, labouring, cleaning.
- Operating equipment such as general tractors (with or without attachments), mower, front end loader, forklift, and general herbicide spray units
A good work ethic is essential and it is understood that this a very “hands on” job and requires multi-tasking. The applicant must have a current driver’s license.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate. Gooree Park Group strictly enforces a NIL tolerance to drug and alcohol in the workplace.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in the excitement of thoroughbred racing, and to be part of a small but dedicated team. To apply email: email@example.com or contact Hellen on 02 6378 1807.