Newgate Farm, one of the leading Thoroughbred breeding operations, based in Aberdeen NSW, is seeking highly motivated individuals for the position of Foaling Unit Manager.
Reporting to the Broodmare Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for, but not limited to, the care and management of all pre and post foaling mares and newborn foals, at Newgate Farm.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to liaise with management, suppliers and contractors.
- Ability to administer medications (intravenous and intramuscular injections, oral medications, fluid therapy) to all stock under veterinary care.
- Ability to change bandages and maintain progress notes to communicate with treating veterinarian.
- Demonstrated experience in the foaling process and experience working with problem foalings.
- Experience in the care and management of newborn foals.
- Excellent horse handling skills and experience.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to manage a small team of staff.
A competitive remuneration package, including accommodation will be offered to the successful applicant.
Applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Applications and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org