Oaklands Stud are seeking two (2) foaling attendants for the upcoming 2018 Foaling Season (with a potential opportunity to join the team after the foaling season).
The positions will be for a period of approximately four (4) months, commencing late July until when our last Mare has foaled (approximately mid November). Both positions will require applicants to work during the night.
There are two (2) positions available:
- One foaling attendant who will be required to work Full-Time.
- One foaling attendant who will be required to work Part-Time.
To be considered for these roles, extensive foaling experience and post foaling care is essential.
Other skills required:
- Excellent horse handling ability
- Capability to assess situations and react calmly and competently
- Attention to detail, be self-motivated and have excellent communication skills
- Be able to accurately collect and record information pertaining to each foaling
- Ability to work unsupervised
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor pregnant Mares and report to the Stud Manager when Mares are foaling or with any issues that have been observed
- Assist with foaling and post foaling care
- Ability to take on responsibility for administering night medication (in agreement with the Stud Manager)
- Keep night watch yard and foaling yards tidy
- Attend to other jobs around the Stud as directed