The Pinjarra Race Club is one of Western Australia's leading provincial thoroughbred race clubs and widely known as one of Australia's most picturesque racecourses conducting 23 thoroughbred race meetings over a 9 month season.
The Finance Manager and Raceday Coordinator is a vital component of the team at Pinjarra Park.
The role is a "hands on" position with the successful applicant reporting directly to the General Manager with key responsibilities including, but not limited to, compliance with all Australian Tax Office requirements and ensuring the club meets its obligations under the Associations Incorporation Act.
Other key responsibilities include, with assistance from the Administration support person, coordinating all aspects of race day operations, race day staff, contractors and patrons race day bookings.
CV to address key roles, tasks, skill and experience criteria and contain the details of three contactable referees.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Includes ( Full Job Description Available);
- Personnel Management and Rostering of up to 40 Raceday Staff
- Preparation of detailed MYOB financial reports for the Clubs Committee and Auditor, invoicing, creditor/debtor control, payroll, data input
- Attending monthly Committee meetings and taking accurate minutes of same for distribution
- Raceday Contractor Management e.g. Raceday Security and Cleaners(Inductions, Supervision etc.). Interacting with industry participants
- Detailed Budget Development and Management.
- Assisting in continual improvement and approach to Pinjarra Race Club OHS Standards/Systems
- Maintaining all office documentation including registers, employee information, archiving and relevant documentation.
Skills and experience
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- 5 years Office Supervisory/Team Leadership Exposure (Advantageous)
- Advanced knowledge of MYOB accounting software and the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Experience in dealing within the Horse Racing industry advantageous or eagerness to learn and adapt to a unique and demanding industry
- Senior First Aid Certificate advantageous
- Business Administration qualifications advantageous
Salary is negotiable depending on experience with applications closing November 5 or at the discretion of the club.
Apply with CV to Michael.Lodding@pinjarrapark.com.au or contact in the first instance for a detailed Job Description document if required.