Peachester Lodge is a family-owned thoroughbred pretraining and spelling farm situated in the sublime Sunshine Coast hinterland – a smashing place to be and a fantastic place to work. The good news: we’re looking for a feed runner with experience feeding, monitoring and handling broodmares, young stock, and spelling thoroughbreds to join our team. The even-better news: that runner may well be you.
The successful applicant will:
- Be an integral part of the team in charge of feeding, monitoring, treating and handling our broodmares, young stock (foals right up to pretrainers), and spelling racehorses.
- Have experience with basic thoroughbred medical procedures including deworming, vaccinating, all types of injection, bandaging and poulticing.
- Have experience handling, grooming and educating young stock.
- Be willing to travel to our highly-equipped facility in the town of Peachester, or be willing to take up residence onsite (staff quarters are fully-furnished and some are currently available but rooms are of course limited).
- Be willing to learn and utilise the Slack messenger application which is a cornerstone of Peachester Lodge’s communication infrastructure.
- Be willing and required to work weekends.
- Be required to pitch in as part of the stable team in addition to their other responsibilities.
- Be willing to work set hours but be occasionally flexible within reason because horse work is sometimes unpredictable and we don’t leave until the job’s done.
- Be paid above-award rates and therefore be expected to bring commensurate value to the team.
- Have a can-do attitude and a willingness to (sometimes) step outside their comfort zone.
- Be able to bring their own valuable experience to the role but also be open to learning new ways of getting after it!
Specific experience in a racing stable or with racing thoroughbreds will be highly regarded, too.
Does this seem like a fine fit? If your answer is yes, we want to hear from you, stat! Send your CV and cover letter, addressed to our Manager, to email@example.com. We’re keen to see what you’ve got!