- Full time permanent opportunity with a diverse range of tasks
- Small, friendly and cohesive team where achieving excellence is their passion
- Excellent opportunity to thrive and enjoy a long-term career
Our Client, Torryburn Stud, is a boutique thoroughbred stud steeped in Colonial history, nestled in gently rolling hills near Gresford, in the beautiful Paterson Valley, NSW.
The Stud is approximately 1200 picturesque acres with the historic homestead and facilities being surrounded by meticulously maintained gardens and lawns.
Torryburn leave nothing to chance while providing the best possible care for all horses on the property. Every aspect of the care offered is planned in their ‘Whole of Life Cycle Approach’ which emphasises the particular needs of every thoroughbred at each stage of its life – from broodmare, to foal, to weanling, to yearling and to spelling racehorses.
Continuing with this philosophy, Torryburn’s owners are diversifying into breeding commercial Black Angus cattle and require a capable Farmhand to assist the Farm Manager achieve their goals.
The expectation would be that the person would have experience with both horses and cattle, however extensive cattle experience alone, would be well regarded.
Reporting directly to the Farm Manager and the Management/Ownership team, the successful applicant will have the following proven attributes and be required to undertake:
- Maintaining awareness of best industry practice and techniques in relation to all farming practices.
- Ongoing liaison with the Farm Manager
- All facets of farming from weed maintenance, pasture improvement, fertilizing, soil improvement, water and irrigation management, fencing etc.
- All facets of stock management, husbandry and improvement
- A willingness to share skills with all staff and work both individually and within a team
- A self- starter who is fit, hardworking, has a high level of attention for detail and organisation, as well as the ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with all equipment from mowers through to chainsaws, tractors and all attachments would be advantageous.
- Landscaping experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Vehicle and plant and equipment maintenance
- First aid Certificate.
- Farm pasture and stock management qualifications highly advantageous
To become an integral Torryburn team member, you will need to automatically exhibit initiative and a willingness to go above and beyond to present the farm to the highest standard at all times.
Unfortunately, there is no accommodation provided with this role, unless you had a partner who was a very experienced TB Stud Groom, for which there is dual accommodation provided, as well as a possible position (Senior Stud Groom role also currently being advertised).
Applications for this opportunity should be forwarded quoting Ref. no. 934RJ by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidential inquiries may be directed to Margo Emery 0409385667 or via email to: email@example.com
Please note that an acknowledgement of your application will be sent to the email address from which you apply, therefore we encourage you to use a private or confidential email address.