Longwood Thoroughbred Farm (LTF) has an exciting opportunity for a highly capable and experienced person to be appointed Farm Manager, reporting directly to the General Manager.
LTF is a full service thoroughbred farm situated in North East Victoria. We offer comprehensive breeding services, weaning and education, weanling and yearling sale services and racehorse agistment.
The successful applicant should have management experience and worked extensively on breeding farms. The successful applicant should also be highly driven, organised, efficient, have a strong work ethic, leadership qualities and a great attitude.
The responsibilities of the role will include but not limited to:
- Managing employees including staff rostering ensuring LTF Farm Procedures are followed
- Managing horse breeding activities including feeding, foaling, vetting schedules, stallion bookings, mare walk out transport, weaning.
- Managing weanling and yearling sales preparations
- Managing horse husbandry including vaccinations, drenching, farrier, dentist, prescribed medications, bandaging, treatment procedures and other professional services
- Closely monitoring horses for health and soundness and identifying and reacting quickly to any health concerns including calling for veterinary assistance
- Ensuring all horse activities and procedures are appropriately entered in Prism including arrivals and departures and client updates.
- Managing communication to clients on horse progress reports and updates via Prism
- Attending broodmare foalings as required including any foal neonatal requirements
- Managing and maintaining feed and vet supplies
- Managing pasture improvements
- Coordinating the identification and managing, property repairs and maintenance
- Attend staff meetings and report as required
Accommodation is available, with remuneration package suited to the capabilities and experience of the successful candidate.
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Please forward applications to firstname.lastname@example.org