Farm Hand/Groundskeeper, Full-time
Situated just 15 minutes from Scone in NSW’s Hunter Valley region, Kia Ora is one of Australia’s most successful and progressive thoroughbred operations.
An exciting opportunity to join the team in a full-time farm hand/groundskeeper role has become available.
This role involves maintaining Kia Ora’s extensive grounds, gardens and lawn areas as well as overseeing the management of livestock and on-farm repairs.
The successful applicant will be experienced in the use of machinery and maintenance equipment and be detail orientated.
Skills and attributes required:
- Previous experience in the agricultural or horticultural industry
- The ability to operate groundskeeping equipment such as, large zero-turn mowers, whipper snippers and hedgers
- Experience in heavy plant operation and good working knowledge of agricultural tractor operation
- Experience in rural fencing, including maintenance and repairs
- Experience in the implementation and maintenance of stock water and irrigation systems
- Experience in livestock handling, with emphasis on the safe management of cattle
- A good working knowledge in the safe operation of chainsaws
- The physical ability to perform manual tasks in an outdoor working environment
- The ability to function efficiently in a team environment
- An up-to-date driver’s licence
The following would hold the applicant in high regard:
- Certificate in Irrigation, level 3 or above
- Chemstart or equivalent accreditation in the use of chemicals
- Accredited Chainsaw licence
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Licence to operate vehicles Light Rigid or above
Please send your resume to Bob Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0408 658 314 for more information. Interviews will commence as applications are received.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.