Experienced Horse Person- Senior Stud Hand – Cowra NSW
Sponsorship opportunity available for overseas applicants
Pepper Tree Farm is currently seeking an experienced stud hand with management skills to join our team. We are a fun relaxed team with a commitment to helping their staff build skills and pursue their passions.
Pepper Tree Farm has formed an association with industry leader Arrowfield Stud and is currently transitioning to a thoroughbred farm. Since its inception in 1996, Pepper Tree Farm has been a leader in the Standardbred industry and are now looking to transition our knowledge and skill to the thoroughbred industry. In 2015 the stud was expanded to encompass an onsite equine veterinary clinic, which oversees the on-farm work as well as providing equine veterinary services to the surrounding community of the central west. We pride ourselves on providing the highest standard for the horses whose care is entrusted to us.
We are looking for an experienced stud hand to join our team of professional staff. The role primarily involves working within our broodmare unit to monitor the health and reproductive needs of the broodmares. Care and management of the stallion subject to the right applicant.
The position offered is on a permanent basis for the season with ongoing employment for the right applicant. Wages will be commensurate with experience. Accommodation options provided.
• Attending to the health and wellbeing of horses on farm
• Preparation of mares for breeding
• Handling foals, weanlings and yearlings
• Administer treatments under veterinary direction
• Assisting on farm veterinary staff
• Communication with farm principal regarding horses on farm
• Directing junior staff in daily farm tasks
The successful applicant will:
• demonstrate a strong work ethic
• have excellent attention to detail
• demonstrate an ability to work as an individual or as part of a team
• be friendly and professional
• have good communication skills
• have a high level of experience in working with horses in a stud setting
• have a keen interest to learn and advance their knowledge
• a valid driver’s licence
How to Apply
Interested applicants please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org