Busuttin Racing is seeking both full-time & part-time applicants for stablehand positions currently available at our Cranbourne stable.
Ideally, successful candidates will have previous stable experience (1+ years) and/or a background/interest in thoroughbred racing. You will work as part of a growing team under our stable foremen and co-trainers Trent Busuttin & Natalie Young.
Above award salary wages will be offered to the right candidates, commensurate with your experience.
- 1+ years working in a stable environment.
- Demonstrated ability of handling horses, from yearlings through to experienced thoroughbreds.
- Ability to assist in educating horses on the ground, in a swimming pool as well as barrier education.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the rules of racing, specifically those related to the medical treatment of thoroughbred racehorses.
- Knowledge of occupational health & safety protocols and best stable practices.
What the role entails:
- Assist in the daily training regime of individual horses as advised by trainers Trent Busuttin & Natalie Young and stable foremen.
- Maintain overall cleanliness and organization of the stable, including the mucking out of horses boxes.
- Provide regular and accurate feedback to trainers Trent Busuttin & Natalie Young and senior stable staff.
- Maintain horse records in line with Racing Australia, Racing Victoria (or any other governing jurisdictions) requirements.
- On occasions, travel to jump outs, barrier trials & race days to complete strapping responsibilities.
Please email an up to date resume (including references) to Melinda Seebold and tell us why you are the right candidate to join our team.
For any further questions relating to this role and your suitability please contact Melinda on 0400 336 663.